Been a while since my once-upon-a-smoothie-craze so I thought I ought to give the blender a much needed workout. As with long weekends, everything under the sun felt rather peachy, wrapped under a soft, relaxing glow. Hence the peach-themed smoothie.
Combining peach, oats, and chia seeds, this smoothie is sweet, wholesome and packed full of healthy goodness. And it's very filling too. Perfect for breakfast or a snack.
What You Need:
- 2 ripe peaches, quartered, pits removed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (I used organic & gluten free)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 frozen banana (peeled before freezing)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp honey for added sweetness (optional)
- Add all ingredients into blender and let set for 5-10 minutes for oats and chia seeds to soak.
- Blend until smooth and pour into glasses.
- Add honey as needed and serve immediately.
Voila. Here's to a peachy week ahead!