- that moved slowly - almost frustratingly stagnant at times - except for a few significant changes that gave the year its splashes of color.
- I was least active in my blog; only 16 posts in 2012 (~50% and ~75% drop compared to 2011 and 2010 respectively!) ...a new year resolution to write more perhaps?
- I shared most of my thoughts through every day pictures and a couple of songs.
- of tea appreciation with many "siplicious" moments. With a beautiful teapot-shaped tea strainer and the must-have deep-tea-diver, how can it not be anything but wonderful? *winks
- I rocked and rolled to Avril Lavigne's Black Star Tour with Pat & Shuey. My 3rd Avril's concert and yes, I would do it all over again - the 2-3 hours queue, the crowd, and the drenched look at the end. Oh, and next time I'll have a FOC light stick to take with me ..hehe
- I decided to learn French, passed 3 levels of exam thus far with pretty satisfying marks, and wrote my first blog post in French too ...merci beaucoup!
- of the full-blown internet shopping that ain't dying out anytime soon.
- cafes and restaurants still played an essential part with a few becoming regular haunts - especially a certain aromatic affogato, mouth-watering grilled chicken wings, stir-fried brussels sprouts, chili-baked ladyfingers, and the ultimate "kam heong" crab.
- I thought I read too little too few but well, I managed 11 books & comics combined .. not too bad, eh?
- I went back to Melbourne, Victoria after 5 years and discovered it all over again with many new spots added in. I had such an amazing time there it seemed like only yesterday ... I could almost smell the air and feel the cold wind brushing against my cheeks. Though not everything from my initial plan took off ... but I take it to mean that I would be going back again - some day!
- I made the big leap to switch from what I'd been doing the past 8 years to an almost entirely different ball game. Though the feedback from the first 90 days have been assuringly positive *phew
- a family member's health scare truly reminded all of us of how fragile we are and how we should really cherish and make every moment in life count.
- I became a first-time aunt to my bro's lil girl, and also to two other very close cousins' baby girls .. wow, I am officially old! lol
- I received a request to review an iPhone game in exchange for a complimentary download (but have not done playing yet, oops) Soon...I promise!
- TV series and movies continued to dominate my free time. I was there in the Glee breakup episode, The Robin episode (the best HIMYM ep of all!) and of course, the Delena-finally-together-YAY episode of TVD. Yup, I was there through it all...
- Rudolph saved Santa from the clutches of evil so we could all have a merry, merry Christmas.
- I discovered the super oishi deep-roasted sesame salad dressing that is on par with Edo Ichi's, and my salad has never tasted better since!
So what better day to start than Day 1 of 2013, right? C'est La Vie ~
HaPpY NeW YeAr 2013!