Friday, January 25, 2008

Heath Ledger (1979-2008)

The first thing I read when I went online on a beautiful Wednesday morning was the shocking death of Heath Ledger. It felt like a joke, only there was nothing funny to it. At just 28 and with the whole world seemingly in front him, it is indeed a tragic loss.

As Patrick Verona in 10 Things I Hate About You As Gabriel in the Patriot
As William Thatcher in A Knight's Tale As Giacomo Casanova in Casanova

Frankly, I had never finished watching his critically-acclaimed Brokeback Mountain but nonetheless all his other movies were enough to register his name in my mind way back in my high school days. From the first teen flick 10 Things I Hate About You, to the patriotic eldest son of Mel Gibson's character in The Patriot, to the heroic knight in A Knight's Tale and to the dashing casanova in Casanova, I enjoyed watching them all. And I was looking forward to watching him potraying Jocker in the soon-to-be-screened Batman: The Dark Knight. Instead, now it would feel kinda different knowing the person up there is actually 6 feet under.

As Joker in The Dark Knight


My deepest condolences to his family and his daughter, Matilda, who will have to grow up without ever truly getting to know her dad.


Heath Ledger, may you rest in peace.

3 tots:

Wong Nguk Sing said...

What a tragic loss...
I like "A Knight's Tale"... I watched it many many times...
A famous quote in the movie: "You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me? "

Catherine said...

Tragic loss indeed...and it's >2yrs now, time sure flies

Wong Nguk Sing said...

He was same age as me...

Post a Comment