Thursday, September 03, 2009

Why Mosquitoes Heart Me

I always wonder why mosquitoes like me more than others. I get bitten for no reason whilst the rest mostly go by itch-free. My mum will then say my blood must tastes sweeter...

Y mosquitoes heart meThe only one person who surpasses me is Patsy. Mosquitoes "heart" her more than me LOL. Thus I make it a point to be around her whenever there are outings with those blood-suckers featured as side entertainment.

Then I chanced upon this article yesterday - "Mosquito Bites: The Real Reason Some People Are Immune." (Click on image for full article)

And APPARENTLY, I am not stressed-out enough!

So my body does not release a certain stress odor to a level enough to not only cover up the "I am tasty, come bite me for free" cocktail of odors but also repels mosquitoes at the same time. Instead mosquitoes are attracted to me like moths are to lamps.

A good (or Bad) thing though, at the rate I am currently going, I think mosquitoes will soon find that I no longer suit their taste...

To be bitten or not to be bitten, that is the question.

6 tots:

terrell teh said...

if the theory is true, meaning i am over stress alr...hmm.. good or bad ....

jun6 said...

yup,finally mosquitoes will too late when find out u r not suit for them coz u d slap on them.

Soo Huey said...

hey, the theory tak boleh jalan lah... peen is always SO STRESSED when we go out to places w mozzies. but still she gets bitten leh..

pat said...

haha i didnt know gettin bitten by mozzies can make me 'famous' :P

tanshuyin said...

mosquitoes dont like me. means im stressed enough? ;)

Catherine said...

haha if can switch on/off how nice rite, mozzies a-plenty then its stressed-mode lol

where got too late, most of the time itchy d only i realized i'd been bitten...or unless the super big size mozzies, painful lo those *yikes

ooh shuey i dunno, me also STRESSED ma but get bitten the same :P

famous good rite..u can be our savior keke

oh then i guess good/bad for you, shu-yin?

Post a Comment