Friday, February 25, 2011

ReC!Pe: Potato-Egg Salad

It has been a really long while since I did a food/recipe post. And thanx to Australia's Jr Master Chef on AXN, I had this urge to cook (although sadly I am a gazillion light years from their level of skills - not to mention they are like only 8-12 yrs old!)

So to avoid any embarrassment, I'll stick to simple food that I can whip up in an hour or so in the morning before I rush off to work. First up, easy-peasy Potato-Egg Salad; good to go on its own or as sides. I had them as brunch to go with tuna sandwiches ☺


What You Need:
  • 2-3 large potatoes
  • 2 Eggs (hard-boiled)
  • Onions (chopped)
  • Spring onions (finely chopped to garnish)
  • Lemon juice (depending on how sour you want your salad to be, add and taste accordingly)
  • Mayonnaise
What To Do:
    1. Boil potatoes until tender and cut them into cubes.
    2. Shell the hard-boiled eggs and mash/grate them into a bowl. Add the chopped onions, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Mix well.
    3. Pour the mayonnaise mixture thoroughly into the potatoes, then fold in the chopped spring onions.  Serve warm or cold (I prefer to put them in the fridge and enjoy them cold) 

      4 tots:

      tanshuyin said...

      wah....u cook this b4 u go to work? so rajin!

      Catherine said...

      hahah..simple stuff that don't require much over-the-fire cooking, so yeah was able to do it before work :D

      Unknown said...

      will try this next week! :D

      Catherine said...

      Hope you'll like it! ;)

      Post a Comment