Saturday, September 21, 2013

A watch's insight

Change does not necessary have to be something big or transformational.
It can be as slight as wearing your watch on your right wrist rather than the usual left.


Had this insight when I happened to injure my left wrist while doing some heavy lifting over the weekend - in case you are interested, I now have wolverine claws-like scratches under my wrist - which is a little painful whenever my watch's strap rubs over it.

The extra weight from the watch felt unusual on my right wrist. For a moment, it's as though my right arm was weaker. My senses was heightened even though I was doing the same stuff I usually do with my right hand; driving, picking up my bag, opening doors....

I was more aware of my every movement...more cautious if I may put it. Like the learning mechanism in my brain has kicked in and is saying, "Hold on, this is something new. Slow down while I learn.."

It's a teeny-bit worrying to think how easily we can fall into our comfort zones, our learned & safe zones, and rely on the auto-pilot mode to take over. And after watching a certain drama on the art of flying, I believe it's good to practice one's manual-maneuvering skills once in a while less we forget. You never know when you might need to perform an emergency landing and getting the plane to stop in time before that runway runs out....

Sometimes small changes are good to help keep us on our toes.

Perhaps you can try too and share your experience with me :)

0 tots:

Post a Comment