Sunday, January 02, 2011

2010 was the year

  • with many changes; some doors were closed, other windows were opened, a blog layout was revamped, Lost was no more ...
  • olio pasta officially became a favourite - though mushroom soup still unbeatable at #1 - with home-made attempts too
  • where series & movies continued to be a big part of my rot-at-home routine. Not forgetting the lovely, lovely animes that had me repeating their soundtracks over and over and over..
  • I thought I'd read too little too few for the bookworm that I am but hey, I managed 12 (better than the 10 in 2009!)
  • I did a number of crazy stuff like 
    • going back to Europe & felling in love with it all over again, 
    • covered almost the entire of Rome on foot, tracing the Path of Illuminati (kinda limping toward the end), and 
    • finally fulfilling my lifetime dream of watching a Champions League match featuring Manchester United and David Beckham
  • I experienced SNOW for the first time in my life and would love snow until the day I find myself stuck in a blizzard or something so that I might be able to understand why my friend in Chicago hates winter so much ☺
  • my sleeping program went a little bonkers; from waking up early in the morning on weekends to needing naps right after dinner to can't-keep-my-eyes-open-nights..
  • I won something from a radio station for the first time (and had to sing on air even though it wasn't part of the rules) but waited till the cows had all gone home before I finally had that Boyzone album in my hands
  • I wished that some things were simpler, were different, were better, or that some things could be rewind (On that account, RIP my VCR. You have served me well) 
  • where pictures spoke a thousand words and quotes drew a hundred pictures
  • INCEPTION became a household word 
  • I had an advertorial published in The Star newspaper with a frame and an empty magic dust pouch to go with it.
  • my collection of "Beckham" jerseys were completed. [And no, no Chelski please ~!]
  • I enjoyed many tea-drinking & macchiato sessions, just taking in the views and savoring the moments
  • my iPhone became the camera-that-I-never-brought-out
  • my car decided to die on me to earn a night in a deserted parking lot. "You should be thankful your tyres were still intact!" *shaking index finger with disapproved frown
  • I learnt that if Plan A fails, there's always Plan B, C, D, E...well, you know how the alphabets go LOL

2011 is the year with much more to come; the good, the bad, the start, the end. So let's inhale and life goes on. C'est La Vie ~

HaPpY NeW yEaR 2011!

17 tots:

Dandy said...

next in line: to win a trip from a radio station and you know what you should do hah... XD

Catherine said...

hah pls, dats YOUR task and you should know who you are to bring with you ;)

and I will make sure I dedicate an entire page to you come "2011 was the year.." post LOL

Dandy said...

hohoho..i'm not that lucky lo. since u won a cd, it's time for u to win a trip ma.. aiming for a bigger prize.. hehehe
ohh well, seems like ur entire page dedication wont materialized after all.. since me not partipating! heheheh

Catherine said...

i've used up my quota so it's ur turn, untapped before..time to win sth BIG :P

oh not participating will earn you double post dedications then! XD

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog and interesting year 2010 for you. Wish you will get a more exciting 2011! Perhaps maybe time for you to change a new car as well :P

Catherine said...

Thank you, anonymous, whoever you are :)

New car, eh? I welcome sponsors :P

Dandy said...

o_0 double post!?? wei, dont bully me! u know that i wont participate wan... like NEVER! blueks!

Soo Huey said...

whats the advert "with a frame and an empty magic dust pouch to go with it"?

Catherine said...

how many posts do you want then? triple? quadruple? LOL

shuey: just an advertorial for moto pg :P

Soo Huey said...

interesting. did u cut it out?? must show me next time i'm back! :P

Catherine said...

haha ya i did...sure sure, remind me when you are back if you remember :P

Anonymous said...

Oh.. I think should have lot of people willing to sponsor u ;)... if you organize the Cat's New Car Fund Raising Campaign in 2011.... :P

Catherine said...

will be great if you leave a name so I'll be sure to let you know in the event of an upcoming fund raising campaign...
u would gladly chip in, rite? :P

Anonymous said...

haha, u can advertise in your blog once you finalized the details of event ma (like start and end date, target fund or target dream car :P). This will make most people will know the details and chip in accordingly.
Sure no problem for me to chip in :P when i know the details :P.
Looking forward to see the event announcement up here soon :P

Ciyou said...

happy new year mei ying

Catherine said...

HAppy New Year to you too, Ciyou! :)

Eng Seng said...

Happy New Year, Catherine! Now that is a beautiful way of summing up 2010... Good to hear that the year has been good to you! But there's no mention of that special someone anywhere...?

Post a Comment