Saturday, August 08, 2009

Tongue Exercises

Read an article in Yahoo! about some of the hardest Tongue Twisters around and I tot them kinda interesting - some are downright tongues twisting indeed! Try them out yourselves (but beware of 'pa si kat') :P

I learned this back in skool and it has been in the back of my mind ever since:
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck,
If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Just as much as a woodchuck would,
If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

These two are pretty famous which I've seen or heard of the most:
Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.
Did Peter Piper pick a pack of pickled peppers?
If Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers,
where's the pack of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?


She sells sea shells by the seashore.
The shells she sells are surely seashells.
So if she sells shells on the seashore,
I'm sure she sells seashore shells.

I kinda like the ring to this one:
I thought a thought.
But the thought I thought wasn't the thought
I thought I thought.

Tongues warmed up yet? Here's a long one:
Betty Botter had some butter,
"But," she said, "this butter's bitter.
If I bake this bitter butter,
it would make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter--
that would make my batter better."


So she bought a bit of butter,
better than her bitter butter,
and she baked it in her batter,
and the batter was not bitter.
So 'twas better Betty Botter

bought a bit of better butter.

And the ultimate tongue twister... (I am still untwisting my twisted tongue)
Three Swedish switched witches
watch three Swiss Swatch watches switches.
Which Swedish switched witch watch
which Swiss Swatch watch switch?




For more, jst google them out..happy tongue-twisting! *winks

2 tots:

tanshuyin said...

haha. i like the ultimate tongue twister.

btw, u finished watching Little Nonya dee?

Catherine said...

haha memang ultimate..

yaya i habis chased all d..but ending not so goodla hahaha :P

Post a Comment