Friday, June 12, 2009

Time REALLY is soft there...

If you've read my review on Books, Baguettes & Bedbugs, you would know how I long to be there in person someday. And I'm so glad to say "I've been there, done that!"

Image courtesy of Amazon Shakespear & Co
The cover of the book & the actual place itself

Though I din get the chance to stay there for a week or two (I'm not sure if its still being practised to this day!) but it was an eye opener to actually step into the bookshop, to feel what it must had been like for the writer to have lived and worked there.

Bed in store
One of the many beds that can still be found in the bookshop. Not sure if they are being occupied at nite...

And to have the magnificent Notre Dame just across the street separated only by the great River Seine. What more can one ask for?

Anyway I couldn't resist buying a book or two..all the way there I needed sth more than just memories to take home, right? But the most important of all was not the purchase instead it was the bookstore stamp I was craving for. For for every book that is purchased from the store, it will be stamped on the inside cover with the one and only Shakespeare & Co stamp.

Books bought @ Shakespeare & Co Shakespeare & Co stamp
Books & Stamp (oh and pix taken with 5800, not too bad eh?)

I guess it's like the mastercard advert:
Flight to Paris, etc --> 2k euros
Books --> 20 euros
Shakespeare & Co stamp --> Priceless

XD

0 tots:

Post a Comment