Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sushi for breakfast, Sushi for lunch

My Monday meal prepared on a Sunday night. (Talk about getting ahead of time!)

Flower-shaped kampyo maki

I can't remember when was the last time I had sushi. All I know was I had a craving for it since Friday hehe..so I decided to prepare a treat for myself (and my mum) to start the week ;)

Kamyo maki-s in a row

Pictures were taken at night so the lighting wasn't really good but I kinda like the outcome, the slight blur somehow gave the rice a translucent feel. Almost as if the images were painted...


Which got me inspired to try out different efffects on the pictures (lol!) using Photoshop and even ended up with sushi, manga-style :P

Manga style kampyo maki

12 tots:

mELbiEpiE said...

yUm....wELL dOne~! =D MYing's now our sushi chef~! HEhehe.....

ps. what was in the roll? unagi kah? ^_*

Catherine said...

haha thanx..chef ar, still not qualified for this 'gelaran' ler :P

No unagi this time, it's just kampyo (pickled gourd) which is yummy too..

Check out my facebook photo album for more sushi pics (salmon, unagi included haha)

tango said...

I got only 1 comment after reading this mouth-watering post!

Hungry!!!

Catherine said...

Haha..satisfy ur hunger, go out and get some sushi! :P

Anonymous said...

eh when doing for ur niecy ar?

Catherine said...

eh you shud be doing for me instead :P

also, u like sushi meh? I tot u liked deep fried stuff nia :P:P

tanshuyin said...

MY...faster teach me how to make sushi can arr? i wanna learn.

Catherine said...

Sure sure, I also ikut recipe only. Can copy the recipe for you then you can do liao ahaha

Then depending on how much you want to make you do the math on the amount of ingredients to use lo, increase/decrease ;)

tanshuyin said...

good good. then faster send to my yahoo email add. I can't wait!

Catherine said...

Haha..have to wait longer la. I'm at work now and recipe is not at the back of my head! ..not like somebody who get to laze around the house :P:P

Ciyou said...

seens when u start to love sushi that much~~ makes me hungry already

Catherine said...

I'd always loved sushi since the first time I ate it LOL

haha go out and get some sushi for dinner then ;)

Post a Comment