Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Twilight

Twilight Movie PosterTwilight, the latest craze in almost every part of the world. First the novel, now the movie. It has a romantic-fantasy theme about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire, played by Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison respectively. And that is cool really just that I find the tempo of the film a bit too slow for my liking. Plus we only really see some action action after almost 3 quarters into the show. Not to mentioned the actings are a bit wooden (maybe that is how the characters are potrayed in the books as well). But I think I know why Robert Pattison is suddenly the sexiest guy around. He isn't good looking but glimpses of his mischievious smile throughout the movie can make girls swoon...and of course when his super pale makeup and super red lips are not that apparent. Still, I'll stick to loving a certain vampire slayer and her vampire boyfriend with a soul anytime.

Anyways, I kena scolding by Ee Lyn today because apparently she thinks I don't understand the movie because I have not read the book. She said "you MUST understand the book then u will definitely be OBSESSED over the book and the movie both"..just like how she is. She watched the movie F-O-U-R times already and still loving it. Read and reread the books for countless of times and still wants to read it over again (She's forcing herself to finish her current book so that she can drown herself in Twilight once more). Yes, she is that OBSESSED. She even has the whole Twilight book series (4 books in total) in both paperback and hardcover sets not to mention a movie poster.

Perhaps I should read the books too but she wouldn't lend me hers. They're already nicely wrapped in plastics to preserve the new-ness. And mostly coz she cannot part with them for even one day. Hmmm..so who doesn't mind lending me their copies?


My Rating:

14 tots:

Mindy said...

Haha, I'm curious about what all the craziness for twilight is about, so i'm gonna get the books before I'll watch the movie. :)

Catherine said...

haha min, mind if i pinjam the books after u read them? (unless you become obsessed like ee lyn and refuse to part with your book :P)

Eng Seng said...

I always wondered why women have this sort of fetish or weakness for vampires... At least we now know what happened to Cedric Diggory after Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! =D

Mindy said...

I don't think i'll be obsessed like ee lyn. I hope not. :P

Mun Yi says she wants to borrow the book. After that i'll pass it to you la..

Catherine said...

undead & dashing with a mixture of fantasy & danger probably? ooh dats rite, he was cedric diggory before this :D

YAY! WEEEE..thanx a bunch, min :D
np, i can read after everyone is done hehehe..meanwhile i can cont with my books in queue :P

Anonymous said...

i have all the four books :P hahaha!

MY if i lend u all 4.. can we forget bout the immortals? :P

Catherine said...

LOL..are u going to GIVE me 1 of the books as compesation?? :P

but then i would have only 1 book and the stories will be hanging..haha i think I'd better go check The Immortal's price ler

mELbiEpiE said...

I also wanna readdddd.....OngEeLyn stimulated my curiosity and excitement about Twilight~ =D

Catherine said...

haha..u met up with eelyn or not? she was in melb ma..still in aust i think though dunno which part liao :P

u watched the movie d not? or wanna read first before can appreciate the movie :P

Eng Seng said...

Anyone seen Let the Right One In? Has a similar theme to Twilight but heard that it's a better movie...

Anonymous said...

I liked the movie Twilight cause the guy has:
1. Superhuman powers.
2. Shields me from danger that come my way.
3. Sole purpose is to make sure I stay safe.
4. Unlike other superheroes, he doesn't have to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders. Only my weight.

Now what girl won't FALL for a guy like that.

:)

Catherine said...

shields You? make sure You stay safe? carries Your weight?
Mun Yi, wake up! LOL :P

Anonymous said...

Dreams can take you to such highs. Why would I want to wake up, unless I have no choice. :)

Catherine said...

ya, u still have to wake up every morning..to WORK! :P

Post a Comment