Thursday, July 22, 2010

An Idea

One word to describe Inception.
Exceptional.

Exceptionally good that is. I can't say more. I won't say more. Seriously you've gotta watch it for yourself. 

But if you're done with it or if you don't mind spoilers, I'll share with you this much. In the end I say the top kept spinning i.e. you-know-what. Why?

Click for spoilers [+/-]
    Because what are the odds the children are squatting at the exact same positions as in his memories of them? And wearing the same clothes? Both of them? And no signs that they have aged (or grown) since the last time Dom saw them which was probably months ago. Only explanation - they are just his memories. And the faces you might ask since Dom insisted he never got to see their faces when he left? Well, afterall they are his kids. Which dad don't remember the faces of his children? So that part of "reality" can easily be created by Dom, the architect-pro.
    thinkb4aftertot.blogspot.com
    Good or bad? I guess he no longer cares as long as he got his happy ending. If not in the real world then in la-la-land. It's kinda sad actually. Which makes this movie even more impressive overall.
    thinkb4aftertot.blogspot.com
    So much so that the movie was still swirling in my mind as I drove home and prepared to go to bed. Then it popped into my mind. They never really explained how the rest of them appear in someone else's dreams? Sure they are connected to the same machine that sedates them but how does one determine whose dream to enter? Somewhat impossible to me. Maybe that's why they chose not to dwell on it aka minority report. Though not so cool anymore, huh? *minus half a star  ~ lol
    thinkb4aftertot.blogspot.com
    Still,

one wonders if sometimes the only way is to dream away...


My Rating:

4 tots:

Dandelion said...

wuah, really 'chim'...some parts confusing me. pondering all the whys...hin! :P quite like the movie though, really interesting...hehe :P

Mindy said...

Hey... I watched the movie after reading your reviewed and I really enjoyed it. Nowadays it's so rare to find a movie about a new idea/concept. And it did leave me pondering about it for the rest of the afternoon. :)

I have to agree with you regarding the machine they used to enter each others dreams. It look really crappy, with a round rubber button in the middle. But anyhow, it's the concept of the movie which is interesting, especially the very very last scene. :)

Catherine said...

haha dandelion, we can alwiz discuss it over tea :P

mindy, so did you read the spoilers too before you went to watch it? LOL...so u do agree on the last scene, eh? ;)
yes, its so rare for such movies these days which made inception even better..haha at least we got to exercise our brains after too

Mindy said...

I read your blog through google reader and the spoilers were shown automatically. I didn't even know it was the spoiler when I read it cos I didn't understand what you were writing about. But after I watched the movie, I reread your blog again. Definitely agree on the last scene. :P

Post a Comment