Sunday, June 22, 2008

Project MOV3 - The Kickoff

House-moving After consulting the cosmos and the alignment of the stars, I am ready to announce that the entire family is moving. Yes, MOVING! To a new home, new neighbourhood, new faces...Actual date yet to be decided but definitely before the year ends.

After 25+ years in the only house I ever know, I must admit this isn't something easy to swallow. I guess it's harder on my dad, afterall almost half a century at ONE home is no mean feat. But all said and done, we decided on this as a family and we will stick through it as a family. Once the reality sinks in though, it's actually kinda exciting and absolutely major..

Some of the changes/similarities from the current to the new place:
  1. New address, OLD postcode

  2. No more backyard scenic seaview. Well, I still have a bird's eye view of the sea from my room but it's definitely not a 100m walking distance anymore. (But hey, tsunami-danger zone no more too *winks)

  3. No more buying breakfast/lunch/tea from just across the street. However there's a market right below the new place so more variety for breakfast I guess. (Oh and booboo, next time I can find you to makan outside your home in the afternoons LOL)

  4. No more walking distance to order cheap-but-yummy satays. (Pat, next time you'll have to order yourself ya :P)

  5. No more car-filled area making it hard for those who are not used to driving in and u-turning. (SHuey, don't have to worry about knocking into other cars and probably no reversing needed too so guess safe from another "why-car-cannot-reverse!" situation :P)

  6. No more parking right outside the house. Now I have to take the elevator. (Or flight of stairs for some calory-burning!)

  7. Almost the same distance to work, similar routes, same old traffic jams...

And the most significant difference of all...the SIZE! Definitely a case of "Honey, I shrunk the HOUSE!" Over the years, I've accumulated quite an amount of - call it what you want; junks, treasures..I prefer to name them - memories. Thus, the upcoming months are gonna be pretty buzy ones as I have to walk through these stuff and decide if the time has come for me to let go of the tangibles....

Lastly, I hereby officially kick off my Project MOV3.

17 tots:

Anonymous said...

Wow..you are good in hiding news, news about 'MOV3'.

Where is your new home? How come never heard you mentioned about it before? Or maybe I am just not an important person to know :)

Soo Huey said...

aiks! but i've already mastered driving to/out of your place! no more reason to practice turning corners?

hmm... based on your clues, are you moving kinda between Stefanie and ShuYin?

moving sounds interesting/exciting! can't wait to visit, but i've never even been inside your current house and now won't ever have the chance! :S

tanshuyin said...

hey, where will u be moving to?

Terry said...

keng, really good at hiding news... out of the deep blue!!!

D. said...

hahaha... i know where d :D kia! let's go loti bak kua

J said...

Mei Ying, you are totally good at hiding... i was shocked to read the news! Hey, you know what.. hahaha i know where is your new place! very very near my place hahaha....

Catherine said...

LOL, didn't mean to hide anything ler..just the opportunity never came up plus didn't I mention, have to consult the skies ma :P
See this in another way and hey I'm GOOD at keeping secrets so any to tell me, anyone? *hint *hint

Shuey, tot last I heard Stef had moved to Sri Pinang or sth, which is along Tanjung Tokong d..not sure if you knew. But nop, not between Stef's new/old place and Shu-Yin's new place :P
Aiya Shuey, you've not come over for so long and won't be coming over anytime soon, wondering if your maneuvering skill ada rusty bo heheh so see no worries liao nxt time *winks

Haha actually the ans is out, even Peen'd guessed it...It's somewhere near Shu-Yin's OLD place ..where we went to makan the morning after Shu-Yin's Hen Party.

KEkeke yeah booboo, the loti bak kua is yummy and the PakSembur too! I go find you ok ;)

Anonymous said...

WAH!!! then how ar when wana order satay?? u must rmbr to save their contact no. ar!!! dis is ur responsibility yea! :p

anyway i love the pasembor there too!!!! best nia yummy!!!!!!!

tanshuyin said...

yayar..i know the place dee. Peen n me discussed bout it last nite til 1.30am. hahaha. good. MY...whenever we go makan there sure ajak u. u sure become fat. Beware!

Catherine said...

haha pat, I dun have the contact no. la...if I have I will post it up nxt time ok ;)

aiks, shu-yin..as if I'm not fat enuf ar..wanna fatten me up somemore :S....ok I go meet u guys and watch u ppl makan keke :P
wah u and peen discussed abt this till 1.30am ar..haha keng! *bows in deep respect

Eng Seng said...

What's the reason you're moving out? And it sounds like you're just moving down the street...

Catherine said...

My mum likes the new place plus with the market just beside it, it's very convenient for her.

Haha almost the same area but not dwn the street :)

mELbiEpiE said...

KeeWL~ Now I can tell my grandma that MYing is staying at somewhere near the "pahsembur eating place" where Shu-Yin used to live....just before Peen's house where my ah Kong's staying (for more detail)...Hehehehe. Hope you are enjoying your new place~!! ^_^

Catherine said...

Haha bee, I know what you mean with "where my ah Kong's staying"!

Not yet moved there la hehe but ya looking fwd to it ..nxt time u are back, u mst come visit visit k ;)

tango said...

Looking forward to the home-warming party!

I guess the party would have the loti bak kua, the satay and the pasembur! :P

I will move closer to office too next Jan but mine is just a minor case...hihi...

Catherine said...

Haha if so, straightaway go to the stalls and makan d, more varieties!

when is moving a minor thing? Except for just renting a room, anything else is considered major! :P

Ciyou said...

Where did u move too??

Post a Comment