Thursday, July 24, 2008

MiNdBOx - Sempurna

It must be a Malay-songs-week as I've been waking up with one playing in my head every morning. Not to mention that I dl-ed a couple more the day before..

Anyway, today's song is called Sempurna (Perfect). It's by Andra & The Backbone, a rock group from Indonesia (Read more about them here and here.) This version is also the one playing on radios and has a more upbeat feel to it.


While I was looking for the said song, I stumbled on another version, a cover by Gita Gutawa, also an Indonesian, as the theme song for an Indonesian film, Love (more info on the film here). This is the soulful version which has a touch of sadness to it. But what amazes me the most is the singer herself. She's only fifteen (yes, one five) but listen to that soprano's voice! (Read more about her here.)


Both versions are nice in their own ways and depending on your mood, you might prefer one over the other. Nonetheless, enjoy... :)

Kau begitu sempurna
Dimataku kau begitu indah
Kau membuat diriku akan slalu memujamu

Disetiap langkahku
Kukan slalu memikirkan dirimu
Tak bisa kubayangkan hidupku tanpa cintamu

Janganlah kau tinggalkan diriku
Takkan mampu menghadapi semua
Hanya bersamamu ku akan bisa

Kau adalah darahku
Kau adalah jantungku
Kau adalah hidupku
Lengkapi diriku
Oh sayangku, kau begitu
Sempurna... Sempurna...

Kau genggam tanganku
Saat diriku lemah dan terjatuh
Kau bisikkan kata dan hapus semua sesalku


My Rating:

3 tots:

tango said...

My rating

Kenangan Terindah - 4.5 stars

Sempurna - 3.5 stars

Catherine said...

Average it out and they both get a 4, right? ;)

I jst realized I gave Sempurna a 4.5 haha..it was meant to be just a 4 actually :P

tango said...

walao...like that also can do averaging...

*bow *bow

normally, keputusan adalah muktamad one, right? :P

Post a Comment