Avocados have always seem exotic to me. The pear-shaped fruit with a rough exterior and a smooth silky interior. Truth be told, I have not tried many avocado dishes except on the occasional sushi rolls, guacamole, and salsa. In fact, I see it more in beauty products than on menus.
Lately though, I've been seeing avocados (and cherries too) in the fruit aisle while avocado recipes have been popping up in the few food blogs and sites that I subscribed to. Long story short, I decided to make something that involves avocado at home.
And voila, my first creamy crunchy cucumber avocado salad.
What You Need:
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- Feta cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- (1/2 cup chopped mint)
- Pepper to taste
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Cut the cucumbers into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Put diced avocados into a salad bowl, drizzle with lime juice and toss gently.
- To make dressing, whisk together olive oil and lime juice.
- Add cucumber, (mint), feta cheese to the avocados. Add the dressing and gently combine. Add pepper to taste.
- Let stand in the fridge for about 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
And now that I had had my first attempt at avocados, I do have a feeling that there will be more coming along soon...