Monday, October 05, 2009

Greetings from -15hrs

I am finally settled in the hotel and all ready to go to bed...once I'm done scribbling here :)

The entire trip here had all mainly been about 1 thing - WAITING; waiting to transit, waiting for a room to become available, waiting for this and waiting for that. Even finished the 1 book i brought along. Guess gotta buy another 1 for the trip back :P


Also got my car, Chevy. Never driven one before but so far so good. No probs driving on the left side either [though when i first got the car, my left hand automatically wanted to shift the gears and my right hand automatically went to the signaling switch which was actually the wiper switch XD]

And their speed limit is a bit weird.. I see signs saying Speed Limit 55 but those cars that overtook me on the left was definitely wayyy faster than that. Apparently you'll have to at least follow the flow of the traffic otherwise you are considered as obstructing traffic o_O

That's it for now.

9 tots:

Mindy said...

Enjoy your stay there. :)

I might be going there at the end of this month. So share more of your experiences there.

CK said...

dun get caught with a speeding tix.. it cost 100USD....
1 book enough meh? so many books u can find there.... at least a carton of them lar...

tango said...

I think it means 55mph.

Catherine said...

ooh mindy, which part of US will you be in? plan to extend to vacation? hehe I'm not though, no time, no $$ :/ plus alone can be kinda boring..

ya me patuh undang-undang one..I drive on the right side. In pg I drive on the right side too (ikut kiri kecuali memotong) XD

1carton books..siao ar, maybe jst a couple :P

Mindy said...

Might be going to San Jose. I'm using "might" because I don't trust mgnt after they last minute canceled my trip the first time.

I'm going alone too. Don't think I'm going to extend the trip.

Catherine said...

ooh icic, hopefully it happens for you this time :)
ya alone a bit sienz at times ya..but still make the best out of it ;)

Soo Huey said...

i LOVE traveling alone! so much freedom n can explore anything i want, so won't have to do things that i find boring... i say alone is the best way to travel! :P

Soo Huey said...

i LOVE traveling alone! so much freedom n can explore anything i want, so won't have to do things that i find boring... i say alone is the best way to travel! :P

Catherine said...

lol..ya alone can be fun too. but alone at rollercoasters can be sienz..so it depends what u are there for lo :P

Post a Comment