Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Sleeping Chronicles

My sleep pattern is programmed. Most of the time I don't need the alarm clock to wake me up unless on really tired days/nites..I usually find myself up ahead of the alarm clock on weekdays. On weekends, I used to wake up at 9.30am until I moved last year. Then my time readjusted and I can finally tell me ppl I sleep till almost noon now :P (Everyone was always asking y did I wake up so early during the weekends?)


At first I was worried about jetlag during my trip to the US. Luckily for me, I din have any..I was awake when it was light outside and slept when it was dark. Only one funny change happened to me.

I went to outlet stores on my first day and only got back to the hotel around 8/9in the evening. I guess after the long-haul flight, I was exhausted so I took a nap before waking up again at 10pm. Lo and behold that pattern stuck with me for the next 2wks! Every nite without fail, I needed to nap at around 8/9. When I thought it was ok to just rest my eyes for 10seconds, it was 10pm the nxt minute...Nap place? Always the sofa.

And I so wanted to watch all the primetime shows - BigBangTheory, HIMYM, SUPERNATURAL but guess what, primetime TV was between 8-9pm every night! Supernatural was on Thursday and that ep had Paris Hilton as guest star. I made sure I was back at the hotel in front of the TV by then and ooh Dean and Sam appeared on screen..what better way to spend one's evening, eh?

I only lasted until the first commercial break....


10 tots:

Soo Huey said...

lol! this is a bit funny, tho unfortunately u missed the prime times.

so now that u're back in msia, have u reprogrammed yourself or do u still take a nap at 8/9pm? then when u were in the US, what time do u go to bed since u'd only woken from your nap at 10pm?

Catherine said...

hahha gai hor..i tried very hard to not nap but failed miserably lol

i was so afraid the nap time will continue after i balik pg..can u imagine the need to nap after dinner everynite..become pig in no time! luckily nop, back to my old sleep program kekeke

oh after my nap, i will sleep at around 12-1am also..no problems. and when i woke up at 10pm very cheng san one kakakaka...

Mindy said...

haha, I forced myself not to sleep until night time here. and I didn't have troubles sleeping after that. I just hope i'll be able to re-adjust when I go back home.

Eng Seng said...

The same thing happened to me when I was in the USA the other year. I wanted to watch a show on primetime but fell asleep around 8PM, and when I woke up at 9.30PM the show was already over. Luckily I got over it and slept normally after that!

p/s: Dagwood can fall asleep on that sofa no matter what happens.

Catherine said...

haha good for you, mindy..dont be like me :P

lucky for u then lol..mine somehow stuck to me for the nxt 2 weeks!

jun6 said...

Mmm...What program u set into ur mind, quite interesting. Is that set for pig?=P

Catherine said...

ish ish, ape pig huh?
my program is the best, specifically design for me by me :P

jun6 said...

ooppsss...no doubt to ur program , is just curious is that suit to apply for pig onli,no other meaning behind =P

Catherine said...

why would it be suitable for a pig? pigs don't need naps..pigs can sleep the whole day and thus do not need a sleeping program :P

jun6 said...

Oh...ok..Thanks ur explanation.Now I know d. Knowledge gained.=)

Post a Comment